Mrs Rogers Organic Cayenne Pepper
Mrs Rogers Organic Cayenne Pepper 30gm
From the chilli family, Cayenne adds an authentic pungent flavour and spicy kick to Mexican, Italian and Indian dishes.
Certified organic by BioGro NZ. The Cayenne Pepper is named after the city of Cayenne in French Guiana and adds an authentic pungent flavour or spicy kick to Mexican, Middle Eastern and Indian dishes.
Use to add heat to curries, stews and casseroles, as well as white sauces, pickles and chutneys. Pairs well with cheese dishes or savoury baking to add a touch of colour and spice.
- Use to add heat to curries, stews and casseroles, as well as sauces, pickles and chutneys.
- Use in savoury baking to add colour and spice.
- Use sparingly, add mid-way through the cooking process.
- I recommend adding a little at the start of cooking and more to taste at the end if needed. You can always add more heat but you cannot take it out.
- Ideal as a garnish due to its vibrant red colour.
Cayenne Pepper is a cultivar of Capsicum annuum, named for the city of Cayenne in French Guiana.
Organic Cayenne Pepper
For Your Appreciation
Cayenne Pepper does have its own capsicum flavour however it is generally used for its ability to add heat to a dish.